Why not Cryonics

j.a. kiernan jkiernan at julian.uwo.ca
Tue Aug 20 13:55:11 EST 1996

On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, Eugene Leitl wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, J. A. Kiernan wrote:
> > In article <4v78ap$jsv at krypto.zippo.com> cryofan at brokersys.com (Randy Smith) writes:
> > >Subject: Why not Cryonics
> > >I'm been investigating cryonics lately have yet to find any solid reasons why
> > >it won't work.
> > >Anyone here have any good reasons why it won't work?

  (Most of what followed - deleted)

> I am sorry, but below you provide some misinformation I cannot let stand
> uncorrected.
>                    . . . . corpse freezing
> -- Eugene Leitl
> | ui22204 at sunmail.lrz-muenchen.de     | cryonics, nanotechnology,     |
> | Eugene.Leitl at uni-muenchen.de        | >H transhumanism, [...]       |
> | c438 at org.chemie.uni-muenchen.de     | "deus ex machina, v.0.0.alpha"|
> | http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/~ui22204 | >H: "alpha-->omega"           |

   There was a temptation to reply point by point to the 3 screenfuls
   of pseudo-scientific gobbleygook in this letter, until I came to
   the sig. at the bottom!

   Suffice it to say that all this has nothing to do histotechnology;
   I'm sorry if I've provoked a flood of irrelevant letters by answering
   the original enquiry.

                                     John A. Kiernan
                                     Department of Anatomy
                                     Univ. of Western Ontario