Why not Cryonics

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Aug 20 04:13:23 EST 1996

On 18 Aug 1996, Randy Smith wrote:

> I'm been investigating cryonics lately have yet to find any solid reasons why
> it won't work.

Nobody can say anything about the feasibility of cryonics until the
first successful desuspension. However, vitrification is the only
currently known method to conserve the maximum possible amount of knowledge
about a biological system for an indefinite time.

> Anyone here have any good reasons why it won't work?

- because strong nanotechnology (for nanoresurrection) is infeasible?

- because it is insufficient to repair vitrification damage plus the
  malady which originally caused the demise & and then to yank the result
  into living state?

- because no entity shortly before Singularity is goint to be interested
  in reconstructing nonfunctional dead meat of obsolescent design?

> Randy Smith

-- Eugene Leitl
| ui22204 at sunmail.lrz-muenchen.de     | cryonics, nanotechnology,     |
| Eugene.Leitl at uni-muenchen.de        | >H transhumanism, [...]       |