EEG

ir at axess.com ir at axess.com
Sun Aug 25 23:39:09 EST 1996

In article <321EC2D1.7506 at netcom.ca>,
    Sarah <quoin at netcom.ca> wrote:

> My 10 month old son is scheduled to have an EEG. I was wondering if
> anyone has any information they could share with me as far as if a
> sedative would be used to keep him still or calm.  I've also heard
> rumors of people getting Hepatitus B from testings.  Is there any truth
> to that?
> Concerned Mom

   Don't worry, lady!
When EEG'ing we never use any sedatives (they mix up the picture, and we
have to have it clean). And only God knows how anybody can get hepatitis
from the electrodes that are applied on the skin of a scull!!!
Don't be afraid. We study what the brain itself produces. And it is the
safest possible test of all known.