intracellular ATP measurement

Jim Ryan ryan at
Thu Feb 1 11:08:26 EST 1996

I need to measure the levels of ATP decline over time inside a single cell
(neuron).  Is there a way to do this?  I thought about trying to inject
extra ATP into the cell or using a fluorescent probe for ATP.  Can anyone
point me to a good method or journal article?  Thanks in advance.

Dr. James M. Ryan                       Ph: 315-781-3601
Biology Department                      FAX: 315-781-3587
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Geneva, NY  14456                       ryan at

More information about the Neur-sci mailing list