GABA analysis

jjkj kjkj
Thu Feb 1 08:56:27 EST 1996

In article <reilly.29.2.30FC7DE2 at>,
reilly.29 at (Anne Reilly) wrote:

> Hi all - I'm a first year graduate student in psychobiology at Ohio State and
> I'm doing brain microdialysis in rats, looking at GABA.  We are having
SO much
> trouble getting our HPLC to work for this neurotransmitter - if anyone has
> done this successfully I would love to hear from you - I'm almost ready to
> throw the whole machine out the window :-)   You can email me at
> areilly.29 at  Thanks so much!!

What is the sample matrix?  What method have you tried?  There are very
good methods available via opa/t-BT derivatization via LCEC.  If you can
send additional info about your application to me a cam at perhaps I
can provide more insight.  Members of our group routinely analyze GABA in
microdialysate samples.

C. A. Marvin
Brussels BELGIUM