NeuroReport's impact factor?

Dag Stenberg stenberg at cc.Helsinki.FI
Sat Feb 3 10:46:32 EST 1996

Stephan Anagnostaras (stephan at wrote:
} I mean that many of the best journals are reported as having low impact
} ratings and many of the worst are reported as high impact rats.
} For this reason I discount the ratings entirely;

Yes. This is surely so. But unfortunately, some institutions which
govern important funds here use impact ratings - so it is best to take
them into account, if one is not in the position to protest effectively.

Dag Stenberg     MD PhD                    stenberg at
Institute of Biomedicine		   tel: int.+358-0-1918532
Department of Physiology                   fax: int.+358-0-1918681
P.O.Box 9       (Siltavuorenpenger 20 J)   tlx: 1002125 finuh sf
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki,Finland