Colchizine or not ??

H. A. Oelschlaeger oelschlaeger at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Feb 6 11:35:08 EST 1996

Hello colleagues !

In our lab we investigate different peptides in the brains of rodents,
bats and other animals. We work with anti-LHRH or anti-FMRFamide.
In some series we have beautifully marked perikarya, in others not.

We are now  discussing the possible benefit of using colchizine to
enhance staining.

What are your experiences concerning usage of colchizine in
immunocytochemical investigations ?  Is it worth the additional effort
?
Do you get more or better stained perikarya ?

Please share any short information you have,
many thanks !

H.A. Oelschlaeger, S.G. Veitengruber, C.B. Helpert

* Prof. Dr. H.A. Oelschlaeger      *
* oelschlaeger at em.uni-frankfurt.de *
* Dept. of Anatomy                 *
* Univ. of Frankfurt               *