Swedish Med-student searching for courses in Neuro-sci

Thomas Lindahl thslil95 at student.umu.se
Wed Feb 7 12:35:02 EST 1996

Hi. I'm a third-year medical student at Umeå University (in the northern
part of Sweden) and I'm looking in to the possibility of taking a year
off, before a start the clinical part of my education, and go to
(preferebly) the US to study neuroscience. I've taken the neuroanathomy-
and neurophysiolgy-courses wich are part of the med-program and I've
written a litterature-study on release of neurotransmitters and
hippocampal NMDA-dependent LTP, so i've had a little experience of
neuroscience.

My BIG question is this: Is it possible for me to find a good university
in the US where I can take courses in neuroscience for a year only (since
I want to go back to Sweden and become a doctor afterwards :) )

Any help would be most welcome!

                     Best regards/ Thomas Lindahl

PS. I don't exactly know how the US system with
graduate-/undergraduate-courses work and wich of these I can apply to -
but since I have not graduated from medschool yet I suppose I'm a
undergraduate. DS.