Minimum pulse widths.

Thomas D. Wason wason at nando.net
Wed Feb 7 13:21:32 EST 1996

Peter Robinson <Peter at oimsdnp.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>I'm trying to find out what would be the minimum width of an electrical
>pulse applied to the skin surface, that would be felt by the person it
>was applied to.
>
>Alternatively, the minimum energy required before the pulse is felt.
>
>Any ideas or pointers to information sources would be appreciated.
>
>TIA
>--
>Peter
>
>Peter at oimsdnp.demon.co.uk
>Peter.Robinson at oxinst.co.uk

I would suspect that you will find that there is a minimum pulse energy as an impulse
(intensity x duration) which determines perceptability within wide limits.

  Thomas D. Wason, Ph.D.              1421 Park Drive
  Human-Computer Interactions         Raleigh, North Carolina 27605 USA
  wason at nando.net                     919.834.9842