Cat scratch

Thomas Chimento chimento at neuron.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 7 12:28:11 EST 1996

In article <249423659wnr at bnclib.demon.co.uk>, Diane at bnclib.demon.co.uk wrote:
> > From: AJ Boulay <aj.boulay at utoronto.ca>
> > Subject: Re: Cat scratch

> > >my grandmother was a nurses aide once and she said they had a child
who had "cat
> > >scratch" disease and the kid evidently had been scratch up by a cat
...and my
> > >grandmother swears the kid's face started looking more and more like
a cat's
> > >face and was really sick. Any ideas? *smile*
> > >
> > >Jen Coleman

Cat Scratch Fever is 1) the title to a song and 2) a bacterial infection
gotten from
being scratched by a cat that carries the particular bacteria. Pretty
nasty illness, but,
no, you dont start looking like a cat. A researcher I worked with
contracted the illness
after being scratched by a cat while trying to administer ip Nembutal.
Fairly uncommon,
considering how many cats there are and how often they scratch.
Thomas

Thomas Chimento                 chimento at neuron.arc.nasa.gov
                        Keep it simple, do it right.