Cat scratch

Thomas Chimento chimento at
Wed Feb 7 12:28:11 EST 1996

In article <249423659wnr at>, Diane at wrote:
> > From: AJ Boulay <aj.boulay at>
> > Subject: Re: Cat scratch

> > >my grandmother was a nurses aide once and she said they had a child
who had "cat
> > >scratch" disease and the kid evidently had been scratch up by a cat
...and my
> > >grandmother swears the kid's face started looking more and more like
a cat's
> > >face and was really sick. Any ideas? *smile*
> > >
> > >Jen Coleman

Cat Scratch Fever is 1) the title to a song and 2) a bacterial infection
gotten from
being scratched by a cat that carries the particular bacteria. Pretty
nasty illness, but,
no, you dont start looking like a cat. A researcher I worked with
contracted the illness
after being scratched by a cat while trying to administer ip Nembutal.
Fairly uncommon,
considering how many cats there are and how often they scratch.

Thomas Chimento                 chimento at
                        Keep it simple, do it right.