receptor binding assay

Mike Kirby mkirby at vt.edu
Thu Feb 8 17:24:39 EST 1996

In article <4f5ooc$11j at mail.TJU.EDU>, netnews at aisr.lib.tju.edu (TJU USENET
News User) wrote:

> I have recently become involved in carrying out receptor binding studies...
> If anyone knows of or is using such a program...

Christian,

If you have a mac, a shareware program called MacCurvefit 1.2 is available
through the science & math section of the info-mac archives.  With this
program, you can simply type in the model formulas for binding fits, such
as rectangular hyperbola (isotherm-type), competition and sigmoid (1 and 2
site, with Hill coefficients).  There is extensive documentation provided
with the software, which uses either a Newtonian, Steepest Descent, or
Quasi-Newton convergence algorithms (plus citations supporting these).

If you have a IBM-PC, try InPlot (Graphpad Software, Inc.,
http://www.graphpad.com/www/welcome.html).  This is complete with regards
to formulas, but older versions run on DOS (the newest, 4.04+, may be
Windows compatible).  Check-out the Graphpad homepage.  They have several
other graphics programs specifically designed for use in scientific
applications.

--
Mike Kirby