Cat scratch

Sandra L Wegert sandraw at U.Arizona.EDU
Thu Feb 8 00:51:21 EST 1996

> who had "cat
> ...and my
> a cat's
> > >
> Cat Scratch Fever is 1) the title to a song and 2) a bacterial infection
> gotten from
> being scratched by a cat that carries the particular bacteria. Pretty
> nasty illness, but,
> no, you dont start looking like a cat. A researcher I worked with
> contracted the illness
> after being scratched by a cat while trying to administer ip Nembutal.
> Fairly uncommon,
> considering how many cats there are and how often they scratch.
> Thomas

I thought "catch-scratch fever" was Toxoplasmosis,  a simple "blood"
protozoan that "all" cats carry and about half of all humans have
been exposed to (have antibodies).  I had the disease when I was a
young adult (mild symptoms), but it usually doesn't make you sick.
It's very bad for fetuses, so pregnant women should avoid kitty
feces.  Maybe that's what the original poster was referring to-
I "think" it causes birth defects.

Long live Ted Nugent  :)

Sandra