NMDA receptor glycine site antagonists

Joshua Singer jhsinger at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 9 12:41:36 EST 1996

I'm interested in blocking the glycine binding site on NMDA
receptor-channels in an in vitro slice preparation (electrophysiology).
RBI and Tocris sell HA-966 and the related L-689,560; are these compounds
functional blockers of NMDA currents? I've also seen
7-Cl-thio-kynurenalte and its derivative, 5,7-DCK used as glycine
antagonists, but these drugs seem to have fallen out of favor in recent
times; are HA-966 and L-689,560 better? And, finally, how good are
ACEA1021 and ACEA1328 as glycine site antagonists? Are they considered to
be the best available, and which company(ies) make and/or sell them?

Thanks for the help.

-Josh Singer
Dept. of Physiology and Biophysics
University of Washington