Promising research - a question.

Stanley Berman sberman at
Thu Feb 15 07:52:26 EST 1996

What would you say are the top 3 to 5 most promising lines of research
in neuroscience in terms of their potential to contribute to disease
prevention or treatment in the future?

These research opportunities might be fundamental/basic research topics
or more applied areas of research.

I would be interested in the topics you commend and why.

Are there any of these topics where there would be a consensus or broad
agreement in the neuroscience community?

Please excuse me if you think these questions seems strange; I am an
economist working in the area of biomedical R&D, heath and heath care,
not a biomedical scientist.  I am interested in compiling such a listing
and one purpose would be to use one or more for an investigation
of the benefits and impacts of biomedical research.

Thank you for the inputs.

                                             sberman at