Promising research - a question.

Stanley Berman sberman at netcom.com
Thu Feb 15 07:52:26 EST 1996

What would you say are the top 3 to 5 most promising lines of research
in neuroscience in terms of their potential to contribute to disease
prevention or treatment in the future?

These research opportunities might be fundamental/basic research topics
or more applied areas of research.

I would be interested in the topics you commend and why.

Are there any of these topics where there would be a consensus or broad
agreement in the neuroscience community?

Please excuse me if you think these questions seems strange; I am an
economist working in the area of biomedical R&D, heath and heath care,
not a biomedical scientist.  I am interested in compiling such a listing
and one purpose would be to use one or more for an investigation
of the benefits and impacts of biomedical research.

Thank you for the inputs.

Stan
                                             sberman at netcom.com