Promising research - a question.

Paul Bush paul at phy.ucsf.edu
Mon Feb 19 14:28:27 EST 1996

In article <sbermanDMtIFF.7xp at netcom.com>, sberman at netcom.com (Stanley Berman) writes:
|> What would you say are the top 3 to 5 most promising lines of research
|> in neuroscience in terms of their potential to contribute to disease
|> prevention or treatment in the future?

I would say the most promising line of research in neuroscience, one that will
dwarf all others in terms of its impact on future human life, is not aimed at
disease prevention or treatment. It is the synthesizing of a device that mimics
the information processing capabilities of the brain. When such a device is
constructed society will change far more than if all existant diseases were to be
cured.

Paul