What causes Ice-cream headaches?

T. Denton Gould tgould at FALCON.LHUP.EDU
Tue Feb 20 15:38:36 EST 1996

Jonathan is right, the phrenic does pass relatively close to the
esophagus on it's way to the diaphragm.  But this doesn't explain to me
how a chilled peripheral nerve will cause a pain sensation, similar to a
headache, in the cns, especially in the occipial region.

todd

- T. Denton Gould                             e-mail: tgould at falcon.lhup.edu -
- student, Lock Haven University                tel : (717) 748-0933         -
- Lock Haven, PA 17745                                                       -
-                                     correspondence: 500 West Church street -
-                                                     Apartment 125          -
-                                                     Lock Haven, PA 17745   -

"What is mind?"
"No matter."
"What is matter?"
"Never mind."