need help with gait ignition failure

Stephanie A LaCalamita slacal at uic.edu
Wed Feb 21 21:56:24 EST 1996

We have a patient with gait ignition failure.  We are looking for some
treatment for the patient.

I have found only two articles, both from Japan, using a medication from a
Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.  The drug is droxidopa or
L-threo-3,4-dihydroxyphenylserine, also known as L-threo-DOPS.

We are open to any information or suggestions for treatment, or if anyone
can help us locate information on obtaining the medication.  The address
for the manufacturer of droxidopa in Japan would be helpful, but we have
no idea how to obtain it.

My email is slacal at tigger.uic.edu.

Thank you for your assistance!