Two Paired-Pulse Facilitation Questions

Zanos Stavros stavrosz at med.auth.gr
Fri Feb 23 05:37:12 EST 1996

Dear colleagues,

Im working on a project about the effects of certain aspects of synaptic
physiology, on the dynamics of well-characterized realistic neural networks.
My question is concerned with a possible physiological role of paired-pulse
facilitation (PPF), which is a short-lasting (<1 sec) increase in a second
evoked population EPSP (pEPSP) when it follows shortly after a first, and it
is thought to have a presynaptic locus in CA1 hippocampus.

Is anyone of you aware of any references dealing with the physiological role
of PPF in neuronal and synaptic function ? Also, it has been showed that PPF
changes in a rather complicated manner after the induction of LTP, and I
wandered if there are any references dealing with the role of this influence
in synaptic plasticity.

Thank you in advance for any answers,

--
Zanos Stavros
Aristotle Univ School of Medicine

		"If I had more time, I would have written you a shorter letter"

							Pascal