brain anatomy and photographic memory?

Matthew Taylor mjt1008 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Sun Feb 25 16:12:06 EST 1996

geoff miller <gmm at lamar.colostate.edu> wrote:
>has anyone seen or heard of research being done on the structure of the
>brains of people who have photographic memory?

I'm not sure if photographic memory as such is actually recognised
as a phenomenon, if by that you mean actual ability to preserve visual
images in memory accurately and easily.
I heard anecdotally about a subject in Russia who was able to work out
the image in a random dot stereogram when shown the 2 images separately,
which sounds like literal photographic memory, though I'm not sure about
how good the research was.

Matt