It's called eidetic memory

Shan Bentz s_bentz at hamlet.uncg.edu
Mon Feb 26 12:38:14 EST 1996

On 25 Feb 1996, Matthew Taylor wrote:

> geoff miller <gmm at lamar.colostate.edu> wrote:
> >has anyone seen or heard of research being done on the structure of the
> >brains of people who have photographic memory?
>
> I'm not sure if photographic memory as such is actually recognised
> as a phenomenon, if by that you mean actual ability to preserve visual
> images in memory accurately and easily.

Well, the phenomenon is called eidetic memory; there's a great book by
some guy, last name of LURIA.  It's called _The Mind of a Mnemonist_ or
something like that...  As far as neuroanatomy is concerned, I don't know
of any specific research being done; I doubt, however, that there is a
profound dearth of research on the topic.

	s. c. bentz
	[910]3341347
	5510 UNCG Station
	Greensboro, NC 27413-1051