loose patch clamp

Mark Fry wmfry at morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Mon Feb 26 16:18:38 EST 1996

Hi netters.

I have started to use the list Medical Systame loose patch clamp and I am
having some techincal difficulties.  Nobody in our lab has used the
amplifier before, and so we're playing like monkies to get the thing to
work. ( I'm using pClamp 5.5.1 to and pClamp interface to deliver voltage
commands. )

For example, When i make a seal, and try to turn the compensation on, the
potentiometer always turns back to zero!  I don't know why!

Also, I can't record anything unless triggering, pulses, and Rs are all
turned off.  Otherwwise i just record a whole bunch of square waves.

I've read the bible chapter in "Single Channel Recording" but it doesn't
help with anything practical.  It's good, but mostly all theoretical. I
would be grateful if somebody could give me some technical help, direct me
to somebody can, or tell me where to find "loose patch clamp for dummies".

Mark Fry                                    ribit    @..@
4th floor BMS Fac of Med.                        \  (----)
Memorial University of NFLD                        ( >**< )
A1B 3V6                                           ^^^""""^^^
wmfry at plato.ucs.mun.ca                             (Xenopus)