colliculus -slice preparations

Mathias Boller mabo at iesl.forth.gr
Tue Feb 27 04:41:01 EST 1996

Is there anybody, who does transverse slice preparations of the rat
midbrain for intracellular recordings? We are trying it and our
preparations are not in a very good shape. The vibroslice we use
copresses the tissue more than it cuts as soon as the blade reaches the
periaqueductal grey and it becomes worse in the pedunculi. The
collicular tissue itself cuts fine, as well as the cortex. We don't want to
trim the tougher ventral tissue away, since we need to have the colliculi
and the deeper portions of the reticular formation in the same slice.
Any idea is welcome.
	Thanks, Mathias.