Interneural Radio Communication

Administrador del Nodo Postmaster at neubio.sld.ar
Tue Feb 27 12:30:46 EST 1996

Hello, neuronetters!

                     Ron (rcb1 at lax.lccc.edu) wrote:

>Precognition may exist however.

                     Since all those of us working in
mental health hospitals are well acquainted with the
most bizarre extremes of such claim (that in the "ex-
ternal world" got its share in the wishful-thought bu-
siness) I seriously would like to know if Ron have no-
tice of at least one hint of non-pseudoscientific evi-
dence to ground his affirmation.

                      Or, contrarily, if he would be
prone to simply recognize that his "may" was a mere abs-
tention of ruling it out, a refusal of taking the ab-
sence of evidence as evidence of absence - perhaps a
bit too contumacious refusal, on which too many episte-
mological discussions might be built, but that I am
prone to fully respect leaving it to Ron's freedom.

	       ------------------

                      Regarding radiowave telepathy,
let me solely point out that in case that it would be
feasible it only could convey structural information,
since the one-witness non-structural characterizations
(to which a great share of research effort is devoted
in our hylozoist tradition) are unconveyable by space
channels due to their non-structurality; my former post-
ings in this list often dealt with this subject matter.
This is a most pregnant reason to rule such telepathy
out. But there is even another more pregnant: the evo-
lutionary pressure selection to develop such an adap-
tive tool would have been giant, if physically feasible.
If it did not act evinces that such telepathy is unfea-
sible, IMHO.

                        Cheers,

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
       Prof. Mariela Szirko,
       <postmaster at neubio.sld.ar>

       Centro de Investig. Neurobiologicas, Ministry of Health
& Welfare, Argentine Republic; and
       Lab. of Electroneurobiological Res., Neuropsychiatric
Hospital "Dr. Jose Tiburcio Borda", Municipality of Buenos Aires,
       Office:  Phone/Fax (54 1) 306 -7314
                e-mail <postmaster at neubio.gov.ar>
       Standard disclaimer: Las opiniones de este mensaje son
personales y no comprometen las dependencias a cargo de la firmante