sexual attraction

Karoly Mirnics, M.D. karoly at vms.cis.pitt.edu
Thu Feb 29 07:07:24 EST 1996

Ron Blue wrote:

> At first I did not get the connection to correlational opponent processing.
> But lets see if you agree with the connection.  Imagine the females odor
> generated a simple sine wavelet stimulus.  She then would prefer a male
> who's odor was phase shifted by one cycle.  So that continual stimulation is

You mean by HALF of a half cycle, right? Or a quater of a full cycle which
consists of a full "S" (one "up" and "one" down half-waves).

Cheers

Karoly
Karoly Mirnics, M.D.         "If we do not all hang together,
W1413 BST                we most assuredly will hang separately"
School of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh           Benjamin Franklin, 1776
Pittsburgh PA 15261
Tel:(412) 648-9086; Fax:(412) 648-1441
http://bigfoot.neurobio.pitt.edu/karoly.htm
talk karoly at bigfoot.neurobio.pitt.edu