cerebellum and language?

Mark Laubach laubach at biogfx.neuro.wfu.edu
Wed Feb 28 23:55:32 EST 1996

Shan <s_bentz at hamlet.uncg.edu> wrote:

>I recently read [somewhere] that the cerebellum perhaps plays a more
>integral role in language and "higher" cognitive functions than it has
>traditionally been given credit for <ooops, prep. at end of sentence...>
>Has anyone got any ideas or info on this?

>Many thanks,
>scb

>  =========s. c. bentz====http://www.uncg.edu:80/~s_bentz/shan.html=========
>	"When we regard every production of nature as one which has had
>	a history... how far more interesting, I speak from experience,
>	will the study of natural history become!"
>					--Charles Darwin,
>				     _On the Origin of Species_
>  =======================q  u  a  e  r  e  n  d  o==========================
>			i  n  v  e  n  i  e  t  i  s

Hi Shannon,

How's it in Greensboro?

With regard to your post, check out stuff from Steven Petterson who
reported some PET stuff on cerebellum and language (I think) in J.
Neurosci. (about two years ago).  Saw him give a talk at BGSM, that's
how I know.

Mark

Mark Laubach
Dept. of Physiology & Pharmacology