CMT

sscook sscook at netonecom.net
Thu Feb 29 16:16:50 EST 1996

I was recently reading the latest CMT newsletter, and I would like
some additional information from anyone who has some answers.  In the
article they mention Dejerine-Sottas Disease, Roussy-Levy Syndrome,
hereditary Sensory Radicular Neuropathy, Refsum Syndrome, and
Friedreich's Ataxia.  What I'm wondering is how these disease differ
from CMT, what tests can be done to determine them, and if there are
cures for any of them.  The reason I'm wondering is because I was
diagnosed with CMT 21 years ago at age 4.  The disease does not run in
my family and the doctors always said it was just a mutation of my
genes.  They diagnosed CMT through a series of EMGs.  I'm wondering
since it was 21 years ago and I was only 4 at the time if they
possibly misdiagnosed me.  If anyone has any answers please email me
as soon as possible.  Thank you!  Susan