neural coding of behavior: evidence for precise timing of spikes ?

Jan Vorbrueggen jan at neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jan 2 07:30:49 EST 1996

In article <4c6iqr$6vo at eis.wfunet.wfu.edu> laubach at biogfx.neuro.wfu.edu (Mark
Laubach) writes:

   It seems we have thinking about different things when using the phrase
   "cross-correlation"!

Indeed, that seems to be the case. Have you looked at the detailed papers by
the Frankfurt group published, I believe, in the European Journal of
Neuroscience three or four years back? (Look for either Koenig or Engel as
first author.) That should explain how you can, in principle, do a correlation
analysis on single trials, with the caveat that you need enough activity from
your cell(s) to get reliable results.

	Jan