Syndrome de Charlin

Sebastian Hollmeier hollmeir at 129.187.196.15
Wed Jan 3 06:24:44 EST 1996

Dear Netters,

I am looking for information about the "Syndrome de Charlin", but I
am not sure, if this is the proper English name (maybe Charlin
Syndrome, maybe totally different?). Anyway, it is rare, at least in
Europe, and doctors here in Germany do not dare to treat it - as far
as I know it implies surgery at the trigeminus. At the moment the
affected girl gets a considerable amout of narcotics to lower the
pain. Anyway, the doctors in Germany told us, that research and
treatment of this syndrome might go further in the US or Canada, so
we are now looking for hospitals or doctors with experience in this
field (anywhere in the world).

Unfortunately, I was unable to find the expression syndrome de charlin
anywhere on the net, which might mean that the proper English name is
different.

Please help me to get any information, especially about treatment and
hospitals. Thank you very much in advance,

Sebastian Hollmeier
hollmeir at lfa4.lfa.mw.tu-muenchen.de
Sebastian Hollmeier
Lehrstuhl fuer Flugantriebe