peripheral neuropathy

marc daemen madaemen at pi.net
Thu Jan 4 02:53:58 EST 1996

Hi,

I'm a dutch Phd-student writing a thesis about peripheral neuropathies. My
interest concern mainly neuropathies which are charactrised by changes in
colour/temperature of the affected limbs (a pain syndrome known as Reflex
Sympathetic Dystrophy, often occuring after minor trauma to the limbs). Often
there is a burning deep pain as well as brittle nails and increased
hairgrowth. If (some of) these items are present in your friends situation,
here are some references you might like to look up:

1. Escobar, P.L. Reflex sympathetic dystrophy. Orthop Rev 15:646-651,
1986.
1. Carlson, T. and Jacobs, A.M. Reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome. J Foot Surg 25:149-153, 1986.
2. Van Houdenhove, B. Neuro-algodystrophy: a psychiatrist's view. Clin
Rheumatol 5:399-406, 1986.
3. Procacci, P. and Maresca, M. Reflex sympathetic dystrophies and
algodystrophies: historical and pathogenic considerations. Pain 31:137-146,
1987.
4. Procacci, P. and Maresca, M. Reflex sympathetic dystrophies and
algodystrophies: historical and pathogenic considerations. Pain 31:137-146,
1987.
5. Schwartzman, R.J. Reflex sympathetic dystrophy and causalgia. Neurol Clin
10:953-973, 1992.