I Love the Field:)

Lawrence Schlegel schlegel at tiac.net
Tue Jan 2 20:10:18 EST 1996

I am a frosh at Wesleyan University.  I am planning to major in the
Neuroscience and Behavior program because I want to be a pediatric
neurosurgeon.  I have wanted to work with pediatric oncology patients
since my freshman year of high school and in neurology since my
sophomore/junior year.  I had the most inspiring and beneficial experience
of voluntarily interning with a pediatric neurologist intensively the
summer before my senior year of high school, and I continued to work with
her until I left for college.  Her mentoring was very positive and
cememted my decision to follow my aspiration to work toward a career in
pediatric neuroscience.  I want to know and do all I can as soon as
possible.  I am very enthusiastic.  I am looking for any information
regarding good educational reading, programs, internships, jobs, people
with whom I can talk (especially people in or affected by the field).
Does anyone know how I can get a message to Dr. Fred J. Epstein, who has
inspired me tremendously, or Dr. Oliver Sacks, whose work has also awed
me?  Thank you for taking the time to read my message and possibly help
me.:)

sschlegel at wesleyan.edu
schlegel at tiac.net

(Please respond to one of these addresses as I don't always have access to
the Newsgroups.  Thank you.)