Eukaryotic Expression vectors in Astrocytes

David McKalip, M.D. david_mckalip at
Wed Jan 10 17:35:52 EST 1996

I have not posted here (bionet.neuroscience) in a while, so please forgive me if this has
been discussed recently.

I am in need of a recommendation for a good eukaryotic expression vector for transfecting
astrocytes in vitro.  I am told that pCMVbeta (Clontech, u02451) will do fine.  I know that
CMV is a great promoter but I just wanted to see if anyone had any preferences for

If you would be so kind as to cc a response to me by email as I do not read this newsgroup

    David McKalip, M.D.                    Neurosurgery Resident
   david_mckalip at           University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
             Personal Homepage: http//
   UNC Neurosurgery Website:
           Neurosurgery Email List: neurosurgery at