Eukaryotic Expression vectors in Astrocytes

David McKalip, M.D. david_mckalip at unc.edu
Wed Jan 10 17:35:52 EST 1996

Hello,

I have not posted here (bionet.neuroscience) in a while, so please forgive me if this has
been discussed recently.

I am in need of a recommendation for a good eukaryotic expression vector for transfecting
astrocytes in vitro.  I am told that pCMVbeta (Clontech, u02451) will do fine.  I know that
CMV is a great promoter but I just wanted to see if anyone had any preferences for
astrocytes.

If you would be so kind as to cc a response to me by email as I do not read this newsgroup
often.

    David McKalip, M.D.                    Neurosurgery Resident
   david_mckalip at unc.edu           University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
             Personal Homepage: http//www.unc.edu/~dmmckali
   UNC Neurosurgery Website: http://sunsite.unc.edu/Neuro/uncns/home.html
           Neurosurgery Email List: neurosurgery at listserv.unc.edu