Receptor Binding Analysis

Mariano Viapiano mviapiano at reset.dtdsi.com
Tue Jan 16 23:29:42 EST 1996

Hi Loren!

 l> From: "Loren A. Evey" <lae2 at psu.edu>
 l> Newsgroups: bionet.neuroscience
 l> Subject: Receptor Binding Analysis
 l> A colleague asked me to troubleshoot a software package called LUNDON.
 l> This is a user unfriendly and ancient DOS application.  Is there an
 l> equivalent Windows based application?  Thanks - Loren

 You could try the GraphPad (c) products: Inplot (DOS) or Prism
 (Windows). They are the best programs for kinetic or dose-response curves
 in receptor analysis I've seen up to now.
 They are simpler and more friendly than other DOS or Windows programs
 (including general data-analysis programs like, for instance, Excel or
 SigmaPlot). They are even faster and more accurate than older
 DOS programs like EBDA or LIGAND.
 I use them (specially Prism linked to Excel) for data analysis in my
 research with the GABAa receptor.

 If you want more info please e-mail me to: viapiano at criba.edu.ar.
 Best regards,

 Mariano S. Viapiano
 Instituto de Biologia Celular y Neurociencias
 Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires.
 Buenos Aires, Argentina.