Auditory Modeling

west0109 at west0109 at
Sun Jan 21 13:57:39 EST 1996

I assume you're already familiar with "Auditory Representations of Acoustic
Signals," by Yang, Wang, & Shamma, (IEEE Trans Info Thy 38, Mar 92).
A computational model to predict neural spikes, given the auditory stimulus,
is described in "A model for the responses of low-frequency auditory-nerve
fibers in cat," by Laurel H. Carney, in J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 93 (1), Jan 93.
That's cat, not bat.

I should state that I'm no expert, just interested in models of hearing.
I haven't found one that isn't complicated and/or over-simplified.
If you have, please let me know.