DIHELSON MENDONCA dihelson.mendonca at MANDIC.COM.BR
Sun Jan 21 03:13:39 EST 1996

FROM:Dihelson.Mendonca at mandic.com.br

    I'd like to know if by this time, have the scientists
    isolated the endogenous benzodiazepines.On other day,
    I was watching TV, when I heard that in the UNIVERSIDADE
    DO RIO GRANDE DO SUL, In BRAZIL, the scientists had
    proved that the organism produces an endogenous benzo-
    diazepine, and the quimical structure looks like that of
    DIAZEPAN.Is it correct?, we really produce some DIAZEPAN?
    In other letter, I've seen someone saying that GABA was
    the natural benzodiazepine, if so, why, someone who ingest
    GABA doesn't become "calm" ? I personally used GABA (yes, we
    buy it in the drugstore, here, long time ago!) and it didn't
    make any apparent diference, on the contrary , I didn't
    feel very well...perhaps the endogenous benzodiazepine, only
    potencializes the GABA action.
    Waiting for answers:

    Dihelson Mendonca
    Dihelson.Mendonca at mandic.com.br