Vagus Nerve Schwannoma: effects on internal organs?

YOUR-USERNAME at usc.edu YOUR-USERNAME at usc.edu
Mon Jan 22 02:17:45 EST 1996

A friend of mine had a vagus nerve schwannoma removed about 6 months ago;
the nerve was completley transected and she has a paralyzed vocal cord.

She wonders about long term effects on her internal organs and endocrine
functions.  She has various symptoms including decreased appetite,
increased appetite, pain on salivating, swallowing problems of course, and
also mood swings.  Does anyone know anything about this, or know of people
or references I can point to her to?

If you could reply be email I'd appreciate it, and if I get enough info
I'll post it in this group and on the Web.

Jerry

jlarson at hsc.usc.edu
http://www.hsc.edu/hsc/neuroprotection/