phosphorylation state-specific antibodies

Jerry Clayton jerry.clayton at UCHSC.edu
Sat Jan 27 01:11:52 EST 1996

Dr. Andrew J. Czernik wrote:

> I am attempting to compile a comprehensive list of proteins for which
> phosphorylation state-specific antibodies have been produced and utilized.
> I wish to include antibodies (phospho- and dephospho-specific) that exhibit
> a relatively high degree of specificty.  I do not plan to include antibodies
> which possess broad selectivity, such as those for phospho-tyrosine and for
> other phosphorylated amino acids, which detect a broad range of proteins.
>
> If you have made such an antibody to your favorite protein, or know of
> someone who has, would you please e-mail me this information ASAP, should
> you wish to be included in this list.  Please include protein id, residue #
> if known, kinase(s) specificity of site(s), Ab type, Ab utility (Western
> blots, immunoprecipitation, immunocytochemistry, immuno-EM, etc) and any
> other characteristics you consider notable, and any literature references
> which exist (or are in press).  If the use of an Ab has been cited many
> times, please give the reference describing its original preparation.
>
> When completed, I will foward a copy to all those who have responded.
>
> Thanx for your help !!
>
> Andy Czernik
>
> Andrew J. Czernik, Ph.D.
> Laboratory of Molecular and
>   Cellular Neuroscience
> The Rockefeller University
> 1230 York Avenue
> New York, NY  10021-6399
> Ph:  212-327-7619
> Fax: 212-327-7888
> E-mail: czernik at rockvax.rockefeller.edu

Andy,
Suggest you include a number of anitbodies made against the neuronal
growth associated protein GAP-43.  Versions have been made that
identify the phospho, de-phospho, and either form of the protein.
Boehringer Mannheim currently sells some of them and I think the
original clones came from work done by Pate Skene.  Larry Benowitz
also has done a lot of work developing antibodies against this
protein as well.  Definitely be interested in receiving a copy of
your list when you get it compiled.  Good luck in your endeavor!
Thanks
Jerry Clayton
Neurology
Univ. of Colorado Health Sciences Center
Denver, Colorado
USA