Arcuate fasciculus

Sydney M Lamb smlamb at OWLNET.RICE.EDU
Tue Jan 30 17:02:03 EST 1996

I have two questions about the arcuate fasciculus, the fiber bundle from
Wernicke's area to Broca's area.  Can anyone help me?

1. Are there also fibers going in the opposite direction, from Broca's
area to Wernicke's (we know that many cortico-cortical connections are
bidirectional --- what about this one?)?

2. How many fibers are we talking about?

3. A third question: What can anyone tell me about connections between
Wernicke's area and the angular gyrus?  (Bidirectional?  How many fibers?)

Thanx loads,

Syd Lamb
Linguistics and Cognitive Science
Rice University