CPT - does anyone know about this technology is?

csw csw at inlink.com
Wed Jan 31 15:44:52 EST 1996

I 've read were a doctor is performing  a test called CPT.  This acronym
stands for Current Perception Threshold by applying electrical stimulus
to the various dermatomes and recording when the subject/patient notes
perception.  The level of microamperage is noted and compared with the
opposite dermatome.

My question: Is this a valid procedure routinely used by neurologists
since the above noted doctor is NOT a neuro or is this something to just
"amaze" a patient?

You may email me directly (preferably) or post back to this group.

Thank you. - Carl