M.S. Program in Consciousness Studies

bhakti vedanta institute bvi at powai.cc.iitb.ernet.in
Mon Jul 8 03:12:38 EST 1996

The Bhaktivedanta Institute-Center for Studies in Consciousness and Science

				offers

	Master of Science (MS) degree program in Consciousness Studies

"The mosaic of scientific knowledge has arrived at a historical juncture
at which the question "What Is Consciousness?" is being asked on more
grounds that philosophy and religion or metaphors of information
technology. This juncture is characterized by the appearance of numerous
journals, conferences, summer schools, and university courses on
Consciousness Studies"

Salient features of this program:

* The program is in collaboration with the Birla Institute of Technology
  and Science (BITS), Pilani, one of India's top technical schools.

* The Bhaktivedanta Institute is a pioneer in this field with the
  credential of having successfully conducted an international conference,
  "Consciousness Within Science", in San Francisco in 1990. At present a
  monthly colloquium on Consciousness Studies is being held in San
  Francisco.

* This program is a multidisciplinary program encompassing a wide variety
  of fields including physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science,
  philosophy, religion, psychology, medicine, and the biological sciences.

* On completion of the program, you can proceed for a PhD program at
  any University around the world.

Duration	: Three semesters

Eligibility	: Bachelor's or a Master's degree in any of the above or a
		  related field.

Course commences:  September 1996

For further details, please contact:

Mukunda Madhava Dasa
Assistant Dean (Academic Affairs)
Bhaktivedanta Institute
Juhu Road, Juhu
Bombay 400 049 India

Phone  : (22) 620-6332
Fax    : (22) 620-0596
E-mail : mukunda.madhava.bsds at com.bbt.se
         or
         bvi at cc.iitb.ernet.in

sachusetts & Boston Living sites

If you cannot get to our Web site, you can respond from this
NewsGroup posting.  See instructions, below.

         _
     _  | |
    | |_| |__   ___  ___  _ _ _  ___  _   _  ___  _ _  ___  _   _ ___
   |   _| '_ \ / _ \|   \| '_|_|/ __|| \_/ |/ __|| '_ / _ \| | | |   \
    | | | | | |  __/| |_ | | | |\__ \|  _  | |_ \| | | (_) | |_| | |_ |
    |_| |_| |_ \___||  _/|_| |_||___/|_| |_|\___/|_|  \___/ \__,_|  _/
        information |_| technology recruiting                    |_|

        e-mail: jobs at theprismgroup.com
        http://www.tiac.net/users/spm/prism
        617-524-9000, 617-524-2444 fax
        P.O. Box 2000, Boston, MA 02130-0017

The Prism Group is a search and placement firm specializing in the
Information Systems/Information Technology sector and handles both
permanent positions and contracting assignments.  Our permanent
positions are always "client fee paid".  Although our practice is
New England-based, we also handle openings in other areas of the
U.S.  We have worked with over 300 client companies of which over
70% are Fortune 500 listed.  The Prism Group conducts business in
accordance with all State and Federal regulations concerning Equal
Opportunity.

NewsGroup Posting Reply Instructions:

Cut and paste an ASCII VERSION of your resume into the body of an
e-mail message and send it to us at jobs at theprismgroup.com.  Please
use this method and DO NOT send e-mail with your resume attached.
YOU ALSO NEED TO INCLUDE: the opening number(s), your current
compensation (yearly salary or hourly rate), compensation
requirements for a new position, geographic preference(s) and
day/evening phone numbers and times that we may contact you.
If your resume is dated, include (along with your dated resume)
a one paragraph update.

You may also Fax (fine mode) or SnailMail your reply.  Please note,
however, that an e-mail reply is going to get processed faster.
Please DO NOT reply unless you feel that you definitely have the
required work experience for the specific opening(s) or a minimum of
two solid years of work experience.  DO NOT add years of part-time
commercial or full or part-time academic experience, while enrolled
in grad or undergrad school, into your total years, although this
work is usually a "plus" and should be listed.  Most positions DO NOT
offer VISA sponsorship unless we specifically state that they do so
DO NOT reply if you require this.  We will not reply to mailbots,
jobbots, or other automated responses.