Neuron transmission speeds, relative to size

David Monteith-Hodge david at
Wed Jul 10 15:38:11 EST 1996

In article <106 at>, David Monteith-Hodge (david at writes:

 Thanks to everybody who kindly replied. I now have quite a pot of information
to study.
Thanks you for admitting me, I shall keep my eye on this conference - shame I
didn't find you sooner.

Regards, David
>During my research I cam upon an article which stated "larger brain cells
>conduct impulses faster than smaller ones".
>I would not know where to start to discover the truth of this statement, but
>need to know something about it as it determines whether I design and build a
>large sequence of experiments. Would one of you erudite folk be able to throw
>some light onto this for me? You would make a mature student ver happy.

David Monteith-Hodge
 Life I can cope with, but......
 Why is Software so damned hard?
 Why is Hardware so incredibly fragile?