Looking for Amnesia-Memory Loss Homepages

David V Baldwin dvb at teleport.com
Thu Jul 11 12:54:12 EST 1996

Jean Bergeron (birdy at qbc.clic.net) wrote:
: Hello,

: I am looking for Amnesia-Memory Loss Homepages/Studies available on the Net.
: The Seach Engines keep returning non medical links.

: I am espescially interested in Amnesia and Memory Loss occured after traumatic
: events such as accidents (car/plane etc..), Heart Attack or Stroke or
: Emotional Shock (If there is such a thing other than in Soap Operas...).

There are some articles on this, linked mostly from Page 3 of my Trauma
Information Pages web site (see URLs below), including "The Body Keeps
the Score" by Bessel van der Kolk (1994).  There is also a link to the
PILOTS online database, where you can do a search for more on this.

Dan Schachter's recent book "Searching for Memory" gives a really good
summary of these issues, but it is not on the net as far as I know.

                                   david
  -  Email:  dvb at teleport.com      David Baldwin, PhD     (541) 686 2598  -
  -  Regular mail:   PO Box 11143    Eugene, Oregon    USA    97440-3343  -
  -  WWW: Trauma Info Pages http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dvb/trauma.htm  -
  -       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.teleport.com/~dvb/trauma.htm       -