Neuropathy?...Reasons why????

Melanie L. Lenard mlenard at bu.edu
Fri Jul 12 19:46:17 EST 1996

I have peripheral neuropathy too and am *not* diabetic.

My neurologist said the other most common cause is alcoholism.

Exposure to a variety of chemicals (eg Agent Orange) and drugs (such as
those taken by transplant patients) can cause this condition. Lyme's
disease is a possibility too.

Most discouraging, the doctor said that in 50% of the cases, they never
do find the cause.  There doesn't seem to be any treatment either.

Does anybody have any further suggestions as to causes (or
cures)?