Dyslexia link to flu?

john john at nine7.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 12 19:19:02 EST 1996

   Idea:-The flu damages cells in airways and sinuses temperaly but is there
  also brain damage adjacent to the sinuses that is permanent and that is
  involved in dyslexia symptons?

   Observation:-I have mild to moderate dyslexia as tested authoritivly and my
father gets sinasitus reguarly and my grandfather became deaf after neumonia in
the 1st wold war. I have read that the ability to balance and decern fast
spoken words is part of the class of dyslexia symptons, even though not always
present as a combination. This sugests that dyslexia is linked to the ear.
Sometimes eye coordination doesnt work ok so may be the sinuses near the eyes
could be leting damage get to nerves or brain cells. Meninggitus is the most
famous of sinus related brain damaging infections so are there many other
milder infections also. Anyway I read dyslexia seems to have some
inheritability.

 I also realise the poli'/economical implications
regarding inherited brain difficulties and this ever more skill requiring world
as opose to physical labour tasks. Dyslexia is now discussed for adults and
especially children as the need shows itself ongoingly.

 Please e-mail me or the
group as to how close this electronics repair engineer is to describing a
possible cause of dyslexia or any other brain competance. --john (Everybody
wants to be certifiably nice on this tide of awesome tech' power.)c