Head sensations 'like electric shocks'

Dennis McClain-Furmanski dmcclain at runet.edu
Tue Jul 16 10:53:19 EST 1996

Diane Pritchatt (diane at bnclib.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: I wonder if anyone can help me?
:
: I am experiencing some very strange sensations in my head on and off.
: It is like having a series of internal 'electric shocks' or 'brain
: spasms', and I feel really wierd.  I find it hard to keep my balance,

Diane, what color socks am I wearing?

You can't see me, so obviously you don't know. I could tell you all about
them. With socks it's easy. With an operating human being, it's not so easy.
Many of the things that need to be examined cannot be examined in words,
so even knowing exactly what to say about what's happening to you doesn't
help much farther than to enable people to tell you to get to a doctor.
It sounds like you've seen a neurologist not too long ago. That would be
a good place to start. What things "feel like" and what's causing them
can be very different things.