Post monitoring & referee

Ron Blue rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU
Wed Jul 17 11:21:38 EST 1996

On 16 Jul 1996, James Woodson wrote:
>         Most net sites now have a majordomo who forewards all worthy
> messages to the readership, and excludes useless crap like schizophrenic
> frog discourses, thoughtless amnesiac replies, and advertisements.  I have
I am a member of groups with open discussion and a member of groups
with closed controled discussion.  Both types of groups have been
functional for me.  The idea of neur-sci-prof discussion group
could have value but it is more likely that discussion coming from
open communication would lead to unusual NEW procedures and theories.

I delete messages with topics that I am not interested in.  But
it is surprising how often the topics I am not interested in have
lead to deep interest when I have messed up and not deleted the
message as a prejudgement.  Ron Blue