A2B5 and Ran-2 antibodies

ecastro at eucmax.sim.ucm.es ecastro at eucmax.sim.ucm.es
Wed Jul 17 10:16:08 EST 1996

Hi netters,

    I am looking for a source (comercial or not) of antibodies to neural cells.
In particular, I need A2B5 and ran-2 to identify astrocyte/oligodendrocyte
lineages. I am new to this field and I have not seen these antibodies in any
catalogue I have tried, although they are very frequently used in the
literature. Usually cites refer to characterization/preparation papers, or
quote "AB was a gift from xxx".

I have found hybridomas  in ATCC, but I rather need ANTIBODIES.

I would greatly appreciate any information you could provide, even a procedure
to grow hybrydomas and purify antibodies from them

Enrique Castro
Dept. Bioquimica, Fac. Veterinaria UCM