FDA POISONS THE WELL/NUTRASWEET/PRESS RELEASE

bt garner bt at bailey.u.washington.edu
Sat Jul 20 09:28:03 EST 1996

In article <Edina1996Jul18.230128.16405 at news3.idirect.com.compulink.com>
derek at idirect.com (Derek Snider) writes:
>It provokes nausia and headaches faster than ANYTHING... if I drink a can
>of diet soda... (IF I can drink the whole thing), I'll feel terrible for
>hours.  Not only does it taste terrible, it makes me sick.
Correction: It provokes nausia and headaches faster than anything for *you*
(for me, MSG does the trick).. .

Besides, if that nasty ol' diet soda tastes so bad, then why are you
drinking it in the first place?

I supose I could reverse the argument for you Nutrasweet bashers.  I
am a diabetic (yes, that group is enbedded in the massive crossposting
list), and if I drink a *regular* Coke, not only do I experiiencenausia
and headaches, but also muscle aches, dizziness (plus a plethora of
other symptoms). (oh yea, did I mention that I really don't like
the taste of regular Coke?)  Guess we should get the FDA to ban all
Sodas since they have those effects on more than 1% of the population, huh?

bt garner
bt at cpac.washington.edu