A Theory of CNS Function

kenneth paul collins KPCollins at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Sat Jul 20 16:57:11 EST 1996

>I have discovered that prejudiced behavior, including all
>territoriality, is manifested ubiquitously by humans because
>a fundamental, gravity-like dynamic rigorously attracts, to
>itself, all information processing that occurs within central
>nervous systems.

"gravity-like": at this point in the discussion, I'm using this only as
a metaphor... to evoke an all-permeating "attraction".

Throughout their entire extents, nervous systems are "attracted" to
minimizing the topologically-distributed ratios of excitation to
inhibition that occur within themselves. Behavior is produced only as a
by-product of such TD E/I(min). This is the "duality" referenced in the
theory's name: "Duality Theory"... As CNSs achieve TD E/I(min), they
simultaneously by-produce behavior that, to the degree that TD E/I is,
in fact, minimized, is "appropriate" within the environmental
circumstances that the host organism is experiencing.

All of this stands verified. ken collins