A Theory of CNS Function

kenneth paul collins KPCollins at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Sun Jul 21 22:00:54 EST 1996

>Throughout their entire extents, nervous systems are "attracted" to
>minimizing the topologically-distributed ratios of excitation to
>inhibition that occur within themselves.

That is, TD E/I-minimizing architecture exists at all loci within
nervous systems.

This structural circumstance is so rigorous that it constitutes a test
that all hypotheses pertaining to the functional neuroanatomy must pass.

I hope folks who meet here in bionet.neuroscience will explore the
usefulness of this "test". Cheers, ken collins