Neuropathy

Jeffrey Jocsak jjocsak at fast.net
Tue Jul 23 00:23:30 EST 1996

A very close friend of mine was diagnosed with "axonal neuropathy with
monoclonal kappa spike".

Now to me this sounds like a foreign language.

He has been experiencing numbness in his legs for awhile and now is
getting worse. And recently his hands are starting also.

His Doctor (Neuro something) says his last resort is some form of
chemotherapy.  He is also going through some sort of treatment which
his doctor says has a 50/50 chance of working but in 5 years a 100%
chance of him developing cancer (great odds huh)?

I was wondering if anyone had any information on this rare disorder
and the latest treatments available?

Also is ther anywhere on the net I can turn to.